Share this page with your friends and family using these popular social netowrks, by email, or just using the link the the box below.
Spicy Peanut Tofu Rice Salad
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 Tbsp white miso paste
2 tsp agave syrup
1/2 cup water
2 tsp tamari
3-4 dashes cayenne powder (to taste for heat)
5 cups spring greens mix (spicy greens variety for me)
1/2 avocado, sliced long
1/2 cup firm tofu, chilled/cubed
1 cup cooked brown rice
chopped cilantro - garnish
chopped peanuts - garnish (optional)
dashes of pepper cayenne over top to serve
1. Add all ingredients for dressing to Vitamix or food processor. Blend until smooth. You can adjust peanut amount to modify richness of sauce - will effect nutrition data.
2. Cook your rice. For easy and quick lunches I love the pre-cooked frozen brown rice packs. I just pop one in the microwave for hot, steamed brown rice in seconds.
3. Dice your tofu. Toss the chilled tofu with the hot brown rice to soften it a bit. Then add in a few spoonfuls of the peanut sauce and toss. Do a taste test. Add in more sauce to taste.
4. Add greens to serving bowl. Slice avocado over top. Arrange in a twirl.
5. Scoop peanut tofu rice over top avocado.
6. Add additional dressing to greens as desired. Add garnish of fresh cilantro peanuts over top. Add a few dashes of cayenne and pepper over top to serve.
Nov 17th 2013
I would love to try this but not sure where to go to find white miso paste...any suggestions on where to look?