Share this page with your friends and family using these popular social netowrks, by email, or just using the link the the box below.
Alice Waters' Whole Wheat Pasta with Tomato Vinaigrette
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 1/2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
1 1/2 pounds ripe heirloom tomatoes , cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
1/2 cup torn basil leaves
1 pound farro pasta or whole-wheat long pasta
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra as needed
1. In a mortar and pestle, combine the garlic with a good pinch of salt and pound into a smooth paste. Stir in the vinegar.
2. Combine the garlic-vinegar mixture with the chopped tomatoes and half the basil. Cover and marinate for 15-20 minutes.
3. In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water before draining well.
4. Season the tomatoes with salt to taste, then add the oil. Add the hot cooked pasta and toss well to combine. Adjust the consistency of the sauce with the pasta cooking water and more oil (if desired); season to taste with salt and perhaps a splash of vinegar.
5. Add the remaining basil leaves and serve warm.
Source: Adapted from the Wall Street Journal
Nov 17th 2013
Quick and easy to make. I used regular rather than whole wheat pasta and my family devoured it!