Share this page with your friends and family using these popular social netowrks, by email, or just using the link the the box below.
Pumpkin Vegan Mac and Cheese
2 cups dry macaroni
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons onion (minced)
1 cup almond milk
2 tablespoons oil
1/2 cup pumpkin (pureed or canned)
pinch nutmeg, cinnamon, turmeric
2-4 medium slices bread
1. First add water in a pot and set to boil for the macaroni.
2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute minced garlic and onion in oil until it softens. Gradually stir in the flour and whisk well until all is combined. Add almond milk, and whisk well again. Then add pumpkin, nutritional yeast, paprika, and a pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon. And another pinch of turmeric.
3. Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions. Once cooked, drain. Add macaroni to sauce. Stir and combine. If it's too dry add some more water or milk and readjust the salt if necessary. (I added about 4 T's of water)
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a casserole dish or individual ramekins lightly with oil. Pour in the macaroni and cheese. Spread well. Top with bread crumb topping mixture. (I used the food processor and combined the bread, parsley and salt. Then I drizzled some oil until it was slightly moist but not too dry either.)
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the crumbs are a golden brown.
Note: Sauce slightly adapted from Vegweb.com