Share this page with your friends and family using these popular social netowrks, by email, or just using the link the the box below.
Hot Italian Sausage and Tomato Pasta
1 pound dry fettuccine
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium red onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, smashed
4 hot Italian sausages, casings removed
1 pint red or yellow cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
1 cup arugula, torn
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1. Cook the fettuccine according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion softens, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the sausage and cook about 5 minutes, using a wooden spoon to crumble it.
4. Add the tomatoes and cook until the skins burst, about 8 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, salt, and pepper.
5. Add the cooked fettuccine, basil, and arugula and toss gently to combine. Serve in bowls and top with the Parmesan.