Share this page with your friends and family using these popular social netowrks, by email, or just using the link the the box below.
Corned Beef and Cabbage
1 (4 - 5 pound) corned beef, rinsed
1 medium head of cabbage, cut into 2-inch wedges
6 red potatoes, halved
4 carrots, cut into -inch chunks
1 medium onion, cut into -inch chunks
2 cups low sodium chicken stock or water
8 ounces beer (any unflavored kind will do; you can substitute water here, as well)
3 large bay leaves
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon black pepper corns
1. Place onions, carrots, and potatoes in the bottom of a large slow cooker pot.
2. Rinse the corned beef and lay it over the vegetables. Add in bay leaves, pepper corns, and Dijon mustard.
3. Pour beer and stock over everything. Make sure liquid covers most of the corned beef; if not, add more water or stock. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
4. Add the cabbage to the slow cooker and cook until cabbage is just tender (about 30 minutes).
5. Plate beef and veggies.
6. Slice beef against the grain and serve with extra mustard.
Nov 17th 2013
This is not my mother's corned beef and cabbage! Any recipe that calls for beer is ok in my book