Share this page with your friends and family using these popular social netowrks, by email, or just using the link the the box below.
Cod with Beans, Corn and Pesto
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 6-ounce pieces cod fillet (about 1 inch thick), skin removed
kosher salt and black pepper
1/2 pound green beans, cut in half crosswise (about 2 1/2 cups)
1 leek (white and light green parts only), sliced into half-moons
2 ears corn, kernels cut off the cob (about 1 cup)
2 tablespoons store-bought pesto, plus more for serving
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Season the cod with teaspoon salt and teaspoon pepper. Cook until the undersides are golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Flip the cod and scatter the green beans and leek around it.
4. Add cup water, cover, and cook until the vegetables are just tender and the fish is opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the cod to plates.
5. Stir the corn into the beans, cover, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the pesto. Serve with the cod and additional pesto, if desired.
Nov 18th 2013
I don't care for pesto so I just substituted it with a light, lemony vinaigrette and I was really pleased with the results!
Jan 28th 2014