Share this page with your friends and family using these popular social netowrks, by email, or just using the link the the box below.
8 chicken drumsticks, skin on (the skin is important for flavour, and is so tasty to eat!)
1 cup water
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 garlic clove, peeled and bruised
1 small hot chili pepper, slit open, seeds removed
1. Place all the ingredients in a saucepan over a high heat.
2. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
3. Remove any scum that rises to the surface.
4. Increase the heat, turning the drumsticks frequently in the liquid, and cook until the liquid has reduced to a sticky glaze.
5. Arrange the chicken on a serving platter, remove the garlic clove and chili from the liquid, and spoon the glaze over.
It's a glaze rather than a sauce, so there's not a whole lot of it.
Nov 10th 2013
Oh my, that looks so delicious. Must try!