Share this page with your friends and family using these popular social netowrks, by email, or just using the link the the box below.
Candy Turkey Thanksgiving Cookies
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
2 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
Betty Crocker green, red, orange and yellow sugars
3/4 cup Betty Crocker Whipped fluffy white frosting (from 12-oz container)
Miniature candy-coated milk chocolate candies
Betty Crocker red or orange decorator icing (from 4.25-oz tube) or gel (from 0.68-oz tube)
1. Heat oven to 375 F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, flour, butter and egg until soft dough forms.
2. On lightly floured surface, roll dough about 1/4 inch thick. Cut with 3- to 3 1/2-inch round cookie cutter to make 18 rounds. Place 9 rounds 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Cool 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, to make turkey feathers, cut each of remaining rounds into 6 equal wedges. Place 9 wedges 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle remaining 45 wedges with colored sugars as desired. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
5. Bake wedges 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Cool 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
6. Spread frosting on round cookies. Place undecorated and decorated wedges on cookies as shown in photo. Add candy-coated candies for eyes; draw feet with icing as shown in photo.
Nov 17th 2013